x

Inventory Management and Barcodes

Is there any options to just use the inventory management and barcodes?  $60 is too high when this is the only function needed.  No employees, small business doing vendor pop-ups.  Any suggestions would help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Square Point of Sale has basic inventory mananagement,  Keeps track of your inventory and alerts you when you get low.  You can also use a barcode scanner to sell your items as long as you upload the UPC.

Message 2 of 6

Appreciate the quick response. This is good news.  SKUs are all loaded.  How to you create labels with the barcode?  Do you know of an inexpensive scanner gun? There are so many out there, 1D, 2D etc.  I need to keep the cost under $50.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Square POS doesn't have the ability to create labels.  That is a feature of the Retail app.  You can however with a dymo Labelwriter create your own with the dymo software. 

As for barcode scanners that will depend on your hardware you are using.  Here is the hardware support link.  Click on supported third party hardware and then find your device type.  You can also shop the square store.

Message 4 of 6

Howdy, just saw this thread on barcodes and POS. My inventory is already barcoded. How do I get my inventory bulk added into the POS along with the associated barcodes?

Thanks so much!

Jeff

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Here is the help page on how to upload your items into Square.  Little trick.  I would manually enter one item then export it so you have your spreadsheet layout correct.

Message 6 of 6