x

Inventory decrease across multiple items?

From what I have been able to gather from reading other threads, you cannot have multiple items drawing from one inventory. But I would just like to clarify this before I stop looking entirely.

Biz: 1 day restaurant - Friday Fish Fry

Inven Item: Fried Fish

Delimma: 2pc, 3pc, 4pc, ala-cart, combos.. all use the same fish but there seems to be no way to have any of these things draw from a single "pool" so-to-speak, of inventory

I'm not concerned about our sides and what not being tracked, but during this time of year (Lent) I would really love to be able to keep track of our fish more closely to ensure the waitresses and staff know when we are getting low. As far as I can tell though, there's no way to make this happen. But this would be such a useful feature for us because we are tiny and the less waste we have the better.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

You are correct.  An Idea for you would enter your item.  2pc, 3pc 4pc is easy just adjust your quantity.  Ala-cart? depends on how you have that priced.  Combo..Item, Item, Item, Combo discount

Another way is every day. Export your item sales for these items/category.  Copy and past the sales quantities in a spreadsheet.   Set up a spreadsheet that gives you a starting inventory and automatically figures the total sold and subtracts them from the starting inventory.   A bit of work but not that much once set up.  

Message 2 of 2