x

Is it okay to leave Offline Mode enabled just in case I lose connectivity?

Is it okay to leave offline mode enabled just in case I lose connectivity?  I manage our Square environment and don't expect our employees to know all of the ins and outs.  We had a major internet outage on Saturday and had to enable offline mode for several hours, but they panicked before calling me.  I told the manager to leave it enabled just in case we lose internet again in the future.  Is that okay, or is it a bad idea?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

It is fine as long as you are okay with the risks associated with offline payments. Leaving it on causes no problem and will ease the transition in the event of an internet outage.

For more information on what to look out for with Offline Mode, have a look at Sean's reply in this thread: Can I take payments without an Internet connection?

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

It is fine as long as you are okay with the risks associated with offline payments. Leaving it on causes no problem and will ease the transition in the event of an internet outage.

For more information on what to look out for with Offline Mode, have a look at Sean's reply in this thread: Can I take payments without an Internet connection?

Message 2 of 2