x

Is the contactless reader better/faster than the chip card reader that plugs in?

We run an event series where we pack a lot of sales into a 3-hour timeframe.  We've switched from the magstripe reader to the chip card reader, but it seems to be slowing our sales down.  Is it worth it to upgrade to the contactless reader?  Is it any faster?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I 100% would recommend the contactless chip reader. I’ll upload a video but it literally only takes 3 seconds to process the payment. They last for days depending on usage.  We have a half dozen or so between our retail store and our portable farmer's markets.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

I 100% would recommend the contactless chip reader. I’ll upload a video but it literally only takes 3 seconds to process the payment. They last for days depending on usage.  We have a half dozen or so between our retail store and our portable farmer's markets.

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Thanks for the video, @VanKalkerFarms@jjgard, I think I remember you also had an interesting experience when you started offering contactless payments. Tagging you here if you'd like to share with @Camrd4!

Message 4 of 4