x

Is there a firmware update?

Hi,

I received an email on November 4 stating that there would be a firmware update issued on November 5, but I haven't received anything. How do I get the latest firmware update?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Sorry for the confusion here. 

The Firmware Update should process immediately whenever your Contactless & Chip Card reader re-pairs with your device. Firmware version 301059 is the current firmware version you should be running. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team for further assistance! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

We are wondering the same thing.  Have a show on Friday and cant afford to be stalled for 20 min. for an update.

Message 2 of 10

Yeah, I'm in the same situation.

I just opened square on my phone. There's still no message about any updates. I'll call them today, hopefully their phones are working. Or maybe someone here will reply with information.

Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

I have this question, too.  Checked again today.  My firmware is showing as version 301059

Message 4 of 10

I spoke to Square. The update mentioned in the email was supposedly for "Canadian sellers." Since I live in NJ I wondered why I had been sent the email but support had no answer for that. In any case, support checked my app and told me that I had been updated at 7:30AM yesterday. I connected much earlier than that and I know there was no message displayed when I connected so it must have been pushed later in the day when I wasn't watching. Support then told me that I had the latest firmware - 3.1.59.

I hope that helps.

Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

I guess 3.1.59 is the same as the 301059 that mine shows!  Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Sorry for the confusion here. 

The Firmware Update should process immediately whenever your Contactless & Chip Card reader re-pairs with your device. Firmware version 301059 is the current firmware version you should be running. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team for further assistance! 

Joe
Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks, Joe!

Message 8 of 10

My reader shows firmware 302075, which I would gather is the latest even though the thread shows 301059 to be the current/latest. Does the firmware depend upon how new the reader is? 

Message 9 of 10
Alumni

Hey @karlzsuccess! Because you're a US seller, you don't have to worry about updating your firmware at this time. The update was for Canadian sellers since we recently added the capability for them to accept chip and pin payments. Continue to ensure your Square app is updated, but the Contactless and Chip Reader itself will update periodically on it's own.

We will definitely post an announcement in the Seller Community if/when we do need our US sellers to update the firmware for our hardware.

Valentina
Message 10 of 10