x

Is there any way to remove the smiley face/frowny face on the receipts?

I understand the rationale behind having the immediate feedback for many businesses. I have a professional service, however, and the smiley face/frowny face logos is entirely inappropriate.

Are my choices just to not send a receipt, or live with the faces on the receipt?

If there is a way to eliminate that, please let me know. I have spent a few minutes in the Dashboard, but didn't see an option to eliminate that feedback (which is fine either way) and the face logos (which are not fine).

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there!

I’m sorry to hear that Square Feedback isn’t working out for you. You can turn this feature off by visiting the Feedback Tab in your Square Dashboard.

Click on "Settings" in the top right corner of the screen to disable the feedback feature. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there!

I’m sorry to hear that Square Feedback isn’t working out for you. You can turn this feature off by visiting the Feedback Tab in your Square Dashboard.

Click on "Settings" in the top right corner of the screen to disable the feedback feature. 

Message 2 of 7

Thank you - that fixed the issue completely. Much appreciated!

Message 3 of 7

I am also in the same position.  I tried to use your directions, but they did not work for me.  I see a settings tab on the left side of the screen.  When I selected it, there was no option to disable feedback or what appears on the screen.  I anticipate your solution.  

Message 4 of 7

Hello! 

Square has recently changed the way that the dashboard looks. If you have the new dashboard, then these are the directions once you have logged in: 

1. Click on Home, on the top left
  2. Click on Customers
  3. Click on Settings > Feedback > Toggle to turn off

Hope that helps!

Gabby

Message 5 of 7

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I remove the feedback smiley faces from auto receipts?

Is there a way to disable feedback from receipts? 

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Yes you can. 

In your dashboard, go to Customers -> Settings -> Feedback and turn off “Collect feedback from your digital receipts.”

That said, I find the feedback invaluable. It’s a great way to know what is and isn’t working. And for me being in the restaurant biz, if I can stop problems before they turn into a negative Yelp, Google, or Facebook review it’s worth it. Obviously every business is different and what works for me may not work for you, though. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 7 of 7