x

Is there any way to use square on a Moto Z Force Droid phone?!

Is there a way to use square on a Moto Z Force Droid phone?! I started the process if signing up but would like to know if it's compatible before I continue... Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Here is the compatablilty page.  I don't see the Z Force listed.  It will have to be tested, I am sure the Reader and Contactless reader would work on a new phone like this. 

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

I don't know it will for sure as every android phone is different.  Even the current Google flagship phone the pixel 2 XL has a bug that doesn't let square complete a transaction.

Message 3 of 4

I thought it would support our phone from I what I could figure, however, I am sad to report that it DOES NOT work with Moto Z.

I have tried to contact them and it is like breaking into a bank vault!

All I can conclude is that there are 3 options for us:

1.  Return it within 30 allotted days.

2.  Spend the $50 for the "scanning unit"...I can't recall exactly the name of it right now.

3. We can use our phones manually to punch in their credit card #, BUT I see two problems with this option. The first is typing information in incorrectly, not able to figure out how to correct it and then unable to get support from their "support" team. The second issue with this is that their payment portion increases to 3.5% + 15¢ per transaction

Hope this helps, Annette

Message 4 of 4