x
Beta Member

Layaways and Specials Orders

Hi how are people doing Layaways or Specials Orders with Square on the Square Register?

• Layaways - a customer makes an initial deposit for an in-stock item, subsequent payments, and at the final payment the item is considered sold and the salesperson is credited with the sale.
  • Special Orders - a customer makes an initial deposit for an item that we've never carried before. Basic details, such as the vendor ID, the vendor's UPC/EAN/VPN identifier, and a brief product description are captured so the item can be ordered. After the final payment is made and once the product has arrived to be stocked, then the item is considered sold and the salesperson is credited with the sale.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hi  

You may be able to achieve this by using Square Invoices.   With the invoice feature, you can request the initial deposit, add a payment schedule and automatically capture payments with "milestones".  Here is a run down of requesting a deposit feature with invoices. 

Let me know if you think this option would work for you.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5

I feel like we need an actual layaway option rather than a work around. With invoices I have not found a way to print out the invoice from the register receipt printer.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @jesd.

We understand your concern. Having a dedicated layaway option would indeed simplify the process. Regarding printing invoices from the register receipt printer, it's essential for Square to consider user feedback and continuously improve its features. Please provide your feature request with more details in our Square Ideate board where our product team has greater visibility. We appreciate your cooperation. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

HI thank you for the idea, Yes i have thought of it, it would certainly work for layaways, but the initial deposit needs a step in the WORK FLOW of Square Register to take it in store. then send the invoice. Also those items would need to be marked as on hold or on reserve since a deposit is on them so they do not get over sold online. 

For the Special Order I just need more features within the invoice to show that it is ready or in progess so i can keep tracking of when the special order has come in to notify the customer so they can come pick up.

thank you for the feed back 

Message 5 of 5