x

Location of processing a transaction showing on credit card statements

Why does the city where the transaction was completed show up on the customers credit card statement? For instance, the company is based in one state, but when processing payments in a different state, the city shows up instead of the company city location. How do I fix this and why does the location show up and not just the company name? 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@wahminpa You can add your business location to your receipts right from your Square Dashboard. From your Receipts tab, click the "Show location" box and add in the correct business location, once enabled your business location will display on all of your customer's receipts. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anyone??

Message 2 of 7
Square

Best Answer

@wahminpa You can add your business location to your receipts right from your Square Dashboard. From your Receipts tab, click the "Show location" box and add in the correct business location, once enabled your business location will display on all of your customer's receipts. 

Message 3 of 7

Thank you - but I am talking about on their bank/credit card statement. It is not showing up as the "city, state" of the company, it shows wherever the location your phone/ipad is at that time when you process the payment. Is there a way to get the company city/state to show instead of the location (as its different) where you processed the actual payment?

Message 4 of 7
Square

When a payment is processed through Square your customer's will see SQ*"your business name" display on their bank statements. If you customer's are seeing something different, our Support Team can take a closer look at help figure out what exactly is going on. 

If you have any trouble getting ahold of us, check out Caty's post here for help.

Message 5 of 7

Hello - here's what I am trying to explain. I've already emailed Support and received no response. 

So when the customer gets their bank or credit card statement - it shows:

9/26 - COMPANY NAME, CITY and COST
--ex: 9/26 ABC Company, Phoenix $9.99

If "Phoenix" is not where the company is listed on the account settings (BUT is where you actually ran the credit card charge) why is it showing up on their statements?

Message 6 of 7

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for this but I do have 1 possibly relevant fact:  on my customer's credit card statements, the town and state that appear with my business name are my home town and state. But I'm not running the credit card there, I'm running the card at my business location (which happens to be in a different city/state that is nearby).  I don't want everyone to be getting my home town on their statements but I do not know how to change it. I emailed support too but no response yet. 

Message 7 of 7