x

Looking to switch to Square Appointments

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Appointments questions

Potentially looking to switch to square appointments but had a couple of questions.

1) if I have a front desk employee, can I just have her take care of the payments and my service providers just do their services? I don’t want to buy them all card readers and introduce new workstreams overhead to them if possible and my front desk gal is good at her job.

2) can I select an option for bookings so that the individual service providers aren’t listed but rather the appointment is just given to the next person like a round robin? We have a couple of instructors that are more popular than others but I want to just have people book the appointment and have square assign it to instructor 1 then 2 then 3 etc and repeat.

3) will this sales data be the same sales data as my Square POS sales data as long as it’s the same account? We use the POS/iPad (which is where the front desk gal will be charging in the appointments app as well) so wanted to see if that data integrates or not

4) I assume the above is yes and that it will still work with the IPad POS and the square stand and the receipt printer and cash drawer?

thanks. I reached out to square to get a more detailed walk through for our use case but haven’t heard back yet.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anyone able to answer some questions regarding the appointments app 🙂

does it it integrate with/talk to POS or is it totally stand alone? Card reader/printer/cash drawer all connected to square stand currently. 

can I mask the service providers so bookings just go to next available provider?

can checkout be done only via my iPad POS I don’t want my service providers to have to worry about checkout?

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hello @405Driving! It looks like our spam filter snagged one of your posts, I'm really sorry about that. I've merged your two posts into one here.

I've answered each of your questions below: 

1) If I have a front desk employee, can I just have her take care of the payments and my service providers just do their services?

Yes! You can use Employee Permissions (included in your Appointments subscription) to allow your front desk employee only to take payments, and even manage appointments from the Dashboard if need.

2) Can I select an option for bookings so that the individual service providers aren’t listed but rather the appointment is just given to the next person like a round robin? 

Yes and no. You can enable the setting Show option to book with 'Any Available' staff member andcClients will see the option to book the first available appointment at the top of your booking site. However. specific members of staff will also be listed on your booking site, lower down on the page. 

3) Will this sales data be the same sales data as my Square POS sales data as long as it’s the same account? 

Yes! You'll see all of your data for sales made with the Appointments app in your online Square Dashboard. As long as you sign in to the Appointments app using the same email address and password your sales history will be tracked on the same account. 

4) I assume the above is yes and that it will still work with the IPad POS and the square stand and the receipt printer and cash drawer?

Yep. You can use the Appoitments app on an iPad to checkout by service or from the appointment, print receipts and use the cash drawer too. (For any other sellers reading this, keep in mind the Appointments app is only available on iOS devices currently. This means it does not integrate with with the Square Register or Square Terminal yet.) 

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions don't hesitate to reach out! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 3