x
Beta Member

Manage payment types or how to SLOW down checkout process.

square 2.pngNew update this morning and  slow down,  instead having larger button or  common US bills (1, 5 , 10, 20, 50 ,100 button )  so we speed up the checkout  process   now I have to look closely where to click or add more tap/click if payment  is other than cash.

Is Square trying to slowdown checkout process or streamline it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

I can't belive this is the first mention of the new (and entirely too small) change buttons. I don't understand how this passed real world testing. There are big, easy buttons in so many other spaces, but this screen is now super hard to hit. Our employees have been complaining about it as well. It also has giant margins for no particular reason.

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I guess customers shouldn’t be using cash no  more...

they probably didn’t do no real testing in fast pace places,  it should take cashier 5 seconds or taps to finish transaction. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

I do agree the margins are really weird as this part of takes up 1/2 the center of the screen, if it was wider it could have another payment monetary amount or two or three.  I don't recall thinking the numbers were too small and I ran a couple hundred transactions today.

as for the change, it is really nice because now you can toggle off payment types you don't accept so your cashier can't pick it.  example, a lot of people on here were complaining they are a credit only store and their cashiers would ring up some sales as cash and therefore they were out the money, now you can e.iminate that option completely.

you can just swipe or dip at that screen so there aren't any extra buttons to press.

here is the edit screen for payment types.  you can rearrange and or eliminate types.

746x559.png

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I agree that toggling used options is good. Having small numbers is not. 

With bigger buttons it will take less time to click it. 

Common used US bills would even be better . 

Message 5 of 5