x
Beta Member

My account has an Employee Passcode on it. How can I remove it?

How do I get a passcode that's on my account by someone else that has it on my phone to my square account

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Is the passcode preventing access to your entire phone, or is it a passcode just to use the Square POS app on your phone?

Assuming it's on the app, you should be able to change access codes under the Team section in the Dashboard by logging in on a computer browser. This assumes you have owner/administrator permissions to log in to the Dashboard.

If they've put a passcode on the entire phone itself, that's beyond the scope of this forum. But in general you should be able to log in to your phone account from a computer browser to remove such a block. You may have to do a reset of the phone though.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Best Answer

Is the passcode preventing access to your entire phone, or is it a passcode just to use the Square POS app on your phone?

Assuming it's on the app, you should be able to change access codes under the Team section in the Dashboard by logging in on a computer browser. This assumes you have owner/administrator permissions to log in to the Dashboard.

If they've put a passcode on the entire phone itself, that's beyond the scope of this forum. But in general you should be able to log in to your phone account from a computer browser to remove such a block. You may have to do a reset of the phone though.

Message 2 of 3

Hello @Lorettaterry56, welcome to the Seller Community. 

Thank you @DaoDeJing, you're spot on when it comes to Employee Passcodes! 

@Lorettaterry56 were you able to get back into your account? I'll keep an eye out for your reply.   

Message 3 of 3