x
Beta Member

New Timecard redesign is a step backwards to use

The redesign of the timecard page is a mess, especially if you need to reconcile differences in time reports from a third-party app like Homebase.  At a minimum, please add "Totals" to the columns so we can quickly see if an employee needs any edits to their time card. I would rather work with old layout than the option we have now.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hey @VCB. I just wanted to add a little color to the discussion. We removed the total from the Activity page to avoid confusion since we now pull in all timecards that start or end within the search criteria. We didn't want to mislead sellers into overpaying their employees. You can still find the totals in the Labor Cost report. This report cuts off anything that overlaps. 

Does that help solve the problem or was there something else on the Activity page that was super important?

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @VCB - Thanks for sharing this feedback. I'm passing it on to the team responsible, but just want to check are you using both Employee Management and Payroll or just one? I'll be sure to surface your suggestions to the team.

Do you have any other feedback for how timecards should look? Thanks for providing this valuable feedback.

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

@katieand We are just using Payroll. Our Square Timecards get populated via Homebase.  They removed all the totals, so we can't easily check for inaccuracies.  Hour totals are shown once we import the timecards into Payroll, but I want to check prior to importing so we don't go back and forth between Timecards & Payroll making corrections. Even if we were using Employee management, we would still want to view an employee's hours for a given period against our schedules.

I hope this correction can be marked as a priority. If Square ever need beta groups for payroll, put us on the list. They went backwards with this current update.

Message 3 of 5
Square

Best Answer

Hey @VCB. I just wanted to add a little color to the discussion. We removed the total from the Activity page to avoid confusion since we now pull in all timecards that start or end within the search criteria. We didn't want to mislead sellers into overpaying their employees. You can still find the totals in the Labor Cost report. This report cuts off anything that overlaps. 

Does that help solve the problem or was there something else on the Activity page that was super important?

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

@Sean Thanks, that resolves the issue. Too bad these changes get rolled out without much notice or explanation, but I guess we eventually figure it out.  Homebase is looking into the time card discrepancies between the two platforms as well. Hopefully that get resolved to a point where there will be more confidence in the automation and less babysitting from the employers.

Message 5 of 5