x

Obtaining buyer physical address field in virtual terminal

When we use Square virtual terminal to take a payment and "Add a New Customer" for the payment information, the New Customer "Basic Information" screen appears and asks to input the first and last name of the customer, email address and phone number. However, under campaign finance laws, we need to obtain the customer's address as well. We know we can make the sale and return to the customer director and edit their information to add the address there. However, this is tedious and several steps for our volunteers when they are taking multiple payments from persons standing in line. Is there a way to have the New Customer "Basic Information" screen ask for the address in the virtual terminal?  Thank you, Jack

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I was just able to confirm that my version of the Virtual Terminal is being rolled out to Sellers as we speak so stay tuned for an update to your request soon! @hallforsheriff 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there @hallforsheriff and welcome to the Seller Community 

I took a look at my demo account and it asks for Name, Email, Country, Phone, Company, and Address.

Can you share how your screen looks when adding a New Customer from the Virtual Terminal?

JJ
Message 2 of 5

Thank you JJ.

For some reason I'm getting an error, "You do not have permission to upload images." when I try to attach my screen shots.

However, on my screen I mirror your screen exactly except I do not have the "Address" section under the basic First Name, Last Name, email address and phone number.

Jack

Message 3 of 5

Best Answer

I was just able to confirm that my version of the Virtual Terminal is being rolled out to Sellers as we speak so stay tuned for an update to your request soon! @hallforsheriff 

JJ
Message 4 of 5

JJ - You Rock! Thank you. I can't tell you how inconvenient this is for us when accepting campaign donations.

Message 5 of 5