x

Old Account is 10 years old, not used for 6 years reactivate or start over?

I have not signed into my square account for 6 years and no longer have the reader. Since I no longer have a brick and mortar store, I am getting back into sales by doing 2 to4 specialty boutiques a year. I will not qualify for a 1099. Here are my concerns.

1. Since this is more of a hobby to keep me busy, do I register as a business or personal?
  2.  If it is not considered a business can I still use my old business bank account (still under the business name) which I have kept active and open, or should I use my personal account?
  3. Would my old business account still be on the record or do I need to set up a new account?

Last, but not least it seems I somehow created an account while trying to find an answer With a personal email I Do not want to use, and other misinformation...can I delete that account totally?

I enjoyed Square while I had it and am looking forward to using it again.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Silverpony! Welcome back and welcome to the Community. 

I would probably suggest making a whole new account considering it's a new business.

You can delete the one you accidentally made by logging into it on the Dashboard and navigating to > Account & Settings > Deactivate account.

It doesn't matter whether you use your business or personal bank account on the new account either. You can choose whichever bank account is best for you to receive deposits to. You just have to provide a good/service for every transaction taken which is what makes it a "Business Account". All accounts with us are considered business accounts because of having to provide a good/service for every transaction. 

I hope this answers all your questions!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your reply. I seem to be having a problem replying to your advice,so had to do a new sign in.

I did finally manage to locate and sign into my original account. Since everything in the account is the same and current, I have decided to just use it. I do have to contact support to get the email changed, but that shouldn’t be a problem. I have to admit I was amazed it was still active after no use for over 5 years..ya gotta love Square!

Message 3 of 3