x
Super Seller

Opinions on the best all in one cash register system for retail?

Looking for the best cash register or all in one system for retail furniture store we also have 35-40 vendors and 4 employees? Definitely looking for feedback from people that have been using the systems than a sales rep trying to force one on ya. Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hi @Twpchair - Can you give a little insight into how you're using your cash register (frequently, etc) or what you want out of it? I know both @pessosices and @VanKalkerFarms both use their cash registers frequently (though Pesso is now on Square Register)! 

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

Hello! I’m a regular storefront store we’re open 7 days a week right now I have a regular traditional cash register I use it everyday all day. We do about 60% of all sales using square though for our credit/debit card transactions and the register for cash and checks. I’ve sent in a few request on information for a whole new set up through square I just haven’t heard back yet on that. In total I do about 135-140k a year with square being right around 100k roughly.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

I definitely recommend an all-in-one system to process cash and credit card transactions rather than an old fashioned cash register plus a credit card processer.

We've been using Square's POS on the iPad for the past 5 years and the value of having everything in one place - all of the ridiculously valuable sales data (so important for making educated business decisions!!), customer information (loyalty & email marketing), and everything else - all in one place, with only 1 simple system to use, has been the best business decision we've made ever.

The iPad works great with or without the Square Stand, but this year we switched over to the new Square Register - Read my review here - and we absolutely love it, and our customers do too! The transaction fees for credit are a little different, but depending on your average transaction size, and whether or not the benefits outweigh the costs - it's a great option.

Let me know if you have any other questions, more than happy to help!

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

Perfect thank you! I’ve been wanting too do an all one system for awhile now just wasn’t sure which one was best for me. I own a furniture store quite large 7k square feet and we’re open 7 days a week. About 60% maybe a little more are credit/debit transactions and then cash and very few checks. I do use my iPad and quick books but was looking for something to make my life and time a little easier! Thanks again. 

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Awesome! I definitely think Square's POS would be great for your store and definitely make life & business easier!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

we have a couple Square stands and iPad minis in L7 cases for portable transactions.  we did over a million thru Square in 3 months this year and have been with Square for 7 years.  I personally don't see the need for, but I still do want the Square Register as the iPad plus Square Stand does great.  Square Stands are super nice and way better than just setting an iPad on the counter or some $15 tablet stand.  either way, you can't go wrong, and if you are selling furniture the Square Register pricing model will favor you as you would have higher than $50 ticket sales.

Message 7 of 7