x

Possible to send additional email for in-house or internal purposes?

I want to be as green as possible and not print tons of receipts. I'd rather not spend money on extra receipt printers either.

What I would like to do is send a copy of the receipt to my email (or one set up specifically to recieve this info). Not only would I save paper and money, but I would also get an alert on my phone even if i'm not near the receipt printer so I know an order came in. Ideally, it would be nice to set up certain items to send email receipt to me, but not every order. 

Specifically, I sell photography, and when a print order comes in, I'd like to be notified on my phone via email that an order needs processed, especially rush orders.

I realize I could send the order as an invoice and add additional emails, but I would prefer it be a little more automatic. Or is it possible to at lease set certain items as invoice only?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

You can find the settings in Accounts & Settings / Email Notifications, Scroll to the bottom and check "Per Payment" and "Online store orders".

You can also see all receipts in the online dashboard under transactions.  Each day you can filter my the item(s) you need and view just those transactions.  When you click on the transaction it will show you the receipt on the right.  This is the way I do it because I don't need my email filled up with transactions every day.

Message 2 of 6

I appreciate the help, it just doesn't directly solve my issue.

Email notifications can't be set to specific orders, and I just realized for some reason I'm not getting notifications for new payments even though the option is selected.

If I go to transactions I can't filter, but I can click on the orders and see the receipt.

If I use sales reports I can filter, but I can't see the actual order.

Each route I've attempted is missing one piece to the puzzle. 

I think my 2 best options would be to either:

1 - use transactions and scan the list for any orders with the item in question

2 - export transactions and run a filter in a spreadsheet

I suppose I could get really creative and utilize the online store or invoices for those specific orders, but that's extra steps to train and I have other uses for invoices and hopefully find a way to utilize the online store.  

Option 1 is basically what we had been doing with handwritten orders, so having it digital is certainly a step up. I had just hoped there was a slightly better alternative.

Message 3 of 6

I do sincerely thank you for your suggestion. I had simply already explored those options and found them lacking. But thank you nonetheless.

Message 4 of 6

Actually, if the transactions list page had a filter option, that would be the best.

I hadn't thought of it that way. It would be the most effective way. In spite of the fact it would be nice to get the alert via email, you're right, that would probably just clog up my email and get annoying. Especially on my days off.

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

I am not sure what you are trying to filter by but you can filter by many things in transactions.  Maybe this will help.  Sorry if you already know how these filters work.  Some don't.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.32.21 AM.png

Date Range - this will allow you to select a specific date or date range.  Click on the date, not the arrows to bring up a calendar.

All Day - Lets you set a time frame

All Payment Methods  - lets you select Cash, Card, etc.

All Locations  - lets you select a location if you have more than one.

All Employees - lets you select a specific employee that rang the sale.

Card# - Click on that and it gives you many other filter options as shown below.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.31.36 AM.png 

If you want receipts for a specific item sent to you then you can select item and filter by that item.

Or as you said you can export them and filter by item.  Either way should work.

Message 6 of 6