x

Problem with customers remembering to take their cards out of the card reader

I am having problems with customers remembering to take their cards out of the card reader when their transaction is complete. It says it in teeny tiny word at the very top that they can remove their card. This needs to be much bigger and flashing or something so that it gets their attention to take the card out of the reader when they are done! Any way to get this to an idea page for square or something? Does anyone know? Or is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

This is great feedback! I'll pass this over to our Product Liaison team, we take feedback like this very seriously and we love hearing how we can improve our products. Thanks for passing this along! 

In the meantime, you can have your customer's watch the four green lights on the front of your contactless and chip reader, once all four lights go to green the payment has been processed! 

Message 2 of 7

This is part of why I hate the chip cards.  I've left mine at a couple places.  I'm used to swiping my card and sticking it right back in my pocket instead of having to let go of it.

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

On the iPad register I love how it pops up remove your card. 

On the iPhone I'm peeved it does not. Can square make the iPhone one say remove your card on a separate screen like the iPad one? Is this something support can do?

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@Redlight2015 the "Remove your card" message should pop up on both mobile devices as well as iPad. 

The difference would be with the iPad it pops up after the signature screen, while on mobile phones it is displayed on the receipt screen. 

You might be running an older version of the app if you're not seeing it. Try updating and let me know if this helps!

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

That's what I mean. I would prefer the message pop up after the signature screen like on my iPad registers. 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@Redlight2015 I can see how having the iPad version would prevent issues. Great feedback for our Product Team!

Message 7 of 7