x

Questions & feedback about square-generated reports

I have been downloading reports now for a while, in order to get the information into my bookkeeping software. There are a couple of bumps in the workflow.

First, all of the reports have a great deal of information, and I'm sure that there is somebody who depends on seeing each of the fields. I suspect that not everyone needs all of it. I find it bothersome to have to hunt through each report to find the 5 fields I care about. It would be great if there was an option to configure the reports to just deliver the fields I want.

I find that a couple of pieces of information are missing from the invoices report export: the Staff Name, and the Item Description (both of which are included in the transaction report, when the invoice is paid).

When an invoice is paid, that payment shows up in the transaction report with the payment date. If the invoice is cancelled, I can find nothing that reports that.

Finally, in the transfer reports, the customer name field is absent

Thanks for listening.

--don

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hi and welcome to the Seller Community, @DArnoldy👋

You can learn more about creating customized reports by heading over here 👀 

In regards to viewing a report including information about cancelled invoices, you can view them in a few places, depending on their history - All invoices, SentUnsuccessful, etc. They will always appear in the All Invoices view though. Learn how to export this report here!

@kellyj addressed customer names on reports, and where best to find those here - I hope this helps, but please let me know if I can help clarify where to find anything else you haven't found yourself.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2