x

Receiving refunds via Square

We had signed up for a trade show and made initial and final payments via our company cc.  Show ended up being canceled and we were advised we would receive a full refund.  Received email with Square receipts for both refunds on April 13.  We still have not seen a credit back to our account as of yet.

How long should this take?  Do I need to do something?  Should I contact the company issuing the refund?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @BigMonk

It would be best to reach out to the business for more information on the refund, so you can get an exact date. Refunds can take up to 7-14 business days to fully process between Square and the customer's bank. It doesn't mean that it will, but it can. That's why you need the exact date they issued you the refund. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

How do I get a refund from an appointment that I made?  There is a link in my confirmation email to reschedule or cancel and when I click the link from Square Up, there is no option to cancel.  I have requested a refund from the person that I made the appointment with and they still have not issued a refund.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Msxray1975,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a customer there isn't actually a way for you to initiate a refund made by a merchant - this is something the merchant needs to initiate via their Square account.

I'd recommend trying to get back in touch with the merchant, it's possible they may have missed your message!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4