x

Recurring payments/subscriptions

Is recurring payments/subscriptions available? I want to move completely away from my regular merchant account, but I can't without the capability to automatically charge clients. Thank you.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hi @gstar, we'd love for you to move completely away from your merchant account. Right now we don't support recurring payments and subscriptions. But it's one of our top requested features, so we're building out a solution. We'll be in touch when we have more to share on timing.

Message 2 of 6

Hey George,

Related to recurring payments, I know you guys are working on this feature but how do we exactly save/store a customer's payment information? Is there a place within Square to do that? Or is that up to us to find a secure place for that information given we follow the Square Seller Agreement. I really like Square and I don't want to switch to another app just for recurring payments so I'd like to figure it out with you guys.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Raymond Boyd

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hey Raymond,

We'd like you to stick with us too. While we're building out our recurring payments feature, if you want a workaround, you'll need to find a secure place to keep your customer's payment information. And check this article's section on Tips for Processing Payments. (I've excerpted some of it below.)

"If you have a recurring charge with a client, acquire written cardholder permission to periodically charge for the recurring services or goods. On the written agreement make sure to include:

• transaction amounts
  • frequency of the charges
  • the duration for which cardholder permission is granted
  • the cardholder’s signature"

Hope that helps!

Message 4 of 6

Can you please tell me if there is an approximate date in the works for recurring payments/subscriptions to roll out? Thank you 🙂

Message 5 of 6
Square

We don't have an exact date for you but we will be sure to share out any updates we have! You can follow us on twitter or check out our product updates in the Community. 

Message 6 of 6