x

Service Fees not charging

I have a service fee set up, but it still is not charging on any orders. I have square appointments, is that the issue? Can I switch out of square appointments?

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 5.19.20 PM.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

HI @ebill13.  It’s not Appointments.  Service charges are not automatically added to orders keyed on any POS.  They only have the option of being automatically added to online orders.

You wouldn’t want them automatically added to every order you enter on POS anyway, since not all of those are paid with a card and you wouldn’t want to add your processing charge to cash orders.  

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4

From my understanding, it is set to automatically charge on online orders, but it is not being applied at check out.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@ebill13 Ok.  I’m confused.  Your original post was not in the online help board, so I just assumed you were asking about the Appointments POS.  So… I see that you have your service charge set up correctly to automatically apply online.

However, you are right — service charges don’t apply to appointment online bookings.  This is from the Square Help Article on Service charges:

“Service charges are not yet available for Square Appointments or Afterpay transactions.”

So, since I’m guessing that you want to apply service charges to deposits, etc, online, currently that is not something you can do.  Since they use the words “not yet available,” it’s probably a safe bet they are working on it, but I’ve not seen any announcements.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 4