x

Shipping via USPS

Hello,

I'm the process of making my online store live. However, I just have a question regarding Order Fulfillment/Shipping with USPS.

I currently have the Square Online Store (Plus) plan. After I purchased a shipping label, will USPS pickup the items at my address or do I have to drop it off at the post office?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

So you can do either.  For pickup, you have to go to their site and schedule a pickup.  

Or you can just hand it to your postal carrier when you see them.  

Or drop it off it you want a confirmation receipt.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@rwhco ;

Depending How many packages you send out also.   We ship out anywhere from 1 package to 35 plus packages during the fall.  When we have a lot of packages that our normal carrier can not pickup we may call our local Post Office to inform them and SOMETIMES they are able to send out a courier to pick them up, depending how busy they are.  Usually we just put out Flag up on the Postal Box which lets our normal carrier know we have packages for them to pickup at our shipping doors.  Now we are a Retail Store also and not just a residential site, maybe if you can see your courier you can work out something to pick up the package from you if you apply your own prepaid postage.  That is the key that the package is already labeled and postage is paid.  If you need to buy postage then you need to take it to the post office to weigh it and measure etc.  We are currently using PirateShip to printout our Prepaid labels to keep us from running to the post office or UPS.  If you are using Boxes from the post office which can be free depending on size, there is a 2D barcode you can scan to inform the post office to pickup your package too.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3