x

So how many of you will be switching to clover?

Im so confused why we are going to be charged for tip pooling. Literally a MILLION other things that I would be willing to pay for to actually improve the QOL for users but instead we will be charged more for a service that will not change at all.

Does anyone have an alternative to square? The main reason i went with sq over clover was because they didnt nickel and dime EVERYTHING. We are going to be charged TWICE PER EMPLOYEE to run a single payroll. 

But if @Square is going to start behaving like clover, might as well switch as at least clover has all the other features that square refuses to give us.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@abcPottery I see there is some rumbling in the bushes on this one.  I have to ask, do you use teams plus? restaurant plus? or retail plus?  I rechecked the post and if you use any of these subscriptions (teams plus is only 35$ per month per location) then nothing will change for you.  

I think this change is aimed at small business or places with multiple locations that want to manage for someone who doesn't use team management or wants to buy just a small add on al la carte.   I know square has spent a bunch of resources fine tuning the product as I have been in the beta for a long time testing and adding input.  The tip pooling and reporting for labor are valuable and time saving.

I would encourage you to look at the team plus subscription as it offers so many tools.

"Shifts Plus features are included in the Team Plus, Square for Restaurants Plus, Square for Retail Plus, and Square Appointments Premium subscriptions. "

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

I constantly am getting calls saying they can save me $$$ over Squares Fees.  I have a contract here now from a sales person pushing a Clover system.  Things I found out with the Clover System is they are Dependent on who takes the processing fee and you can NOT switch from one Clover vender to another without buying a new Clover System from the new Credit Card processor.  So all these Processors can charge you whatever they want for THEIR clover System and then in 3 years you want to switch you have a paperweight, you can not sell it on Ebay or anything unless you sell it to someone that is going to use the same processor you had.  Online you see a New Clover System for $1400 or so but then read the fine print must use XYZ processor.   With Square and their systems you can at least sell it to anyone when you want to upgrade your system or use it for other mobile events if you want.  The Contract in front over me states over $3000 savings for my current level of Credit Card Processing, sounds great.  Then I look and this company wants $4900 for 1 Clover system.  I have 2 Square Stands and 2 Ipads and 1 Receipt Printer and 1 Cash Drawer, all in was about $1100 since I bout refurbished Ipads to use and test.  In the future I can see needing maybe 2 more POS systems in my store.  So 4 Checkouts all together with a clover system would be almost $20,000 compared to maybe $5000 with Square. They other processor was offering just to pass the credit card processing fees on to my customers via a Cash Discount which I can setup with Square too.  

So as for me I think I will be staying with Square.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3