x
Super Seller Alumni

Square Made Changes to Permissions!

A couple of days ago we discovered that my Cashiers could not access the settings of the POS app.  They have been accessing the settings for years, so something changed.  (They only to open the cash drawer manually but that requires accessing the settings)

It turns out that they did not have permission to access the settings, and I had to go give them permission from the dashboard.  It's not very intuitive which permissions need to be active, but I figured it out.  Then, it stopped working AGAIN and I noticed that the options in the Permission Set were changed, again.

Is there some kind of notice I can read about what was changed in the Permission Set?

The frustrating thing is that there is a setting for "Open cash drawer outside of a transaction" but that doesn't work if they can not access the settings of the device!  You also have to activate "Change settings: offline payments, instant deposit, etc."  Ideally, a cashier could open the drawer without accessing the device settings, but this is currently not possible.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 11.20.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 11.21.56 AM.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @sciabica1936 👋

I can confirm for you that some changes were introduced to the Permissions page of the Square Dashboard recently - this Support Center article should explain the differences you're seeing.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and reached out to the team working on our Team Management product to gain some insight into what you've been experiencing. I'll be sure to revisit this post when I have a more clear answer for you here!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Alumni

I reached out to our team to get some insight into how the changes made to the Permissions page might be affecting the way your cashiers have historically opened the cash drawer, @sciabica1936. Without being able to dive a bit deeper here into the way your have your account set up, it may be difficult to get to the bottom of what's changed for your cashiers.

I went ahead and escalated a case for you by email so that a member of our team can get in touch that way. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly if you'd like to go over these settings with someone on a phone call!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3