x

Square POS - Use in a market stall?

Hi,

I'm looking at introducing credit card payments to my market stall and I came across SQUARE as a partner of quickbooks (my accounting software) 

I'm lookinbg for a solution where I can accept credit card payments and I would like to also use the POS with a barcode scanner to keep track of sales and possible a receipt printer. I would be accepting payments in the form of cash, paypal (I'm hoping there is someway to integrate this easily) and credit card. I'm still looking at the best way to incorporate paypal.

I would be using an ipad and my phone as the wifi hotspot to allow me to connect to the internet.

Has anybody already implemented a square solution for their market stall, and if so, what sort of issues have you had, is it reliable? 

Can anybody offer me any advise on what sort of equipment I would need. I am looking at the POS square package (Card reader, receipt printer, maybe a cash draw), a barcode scanner, but I'm not sure if it will work in a market environment reliably.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Square can do everything you asked except Square does not take PayPal payments (it will take a PayPal credit card that haas a visa logo on it).

Square offers kits on its shop page. https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/pos-kits/retail/wifi

We use Square at our retail location with 3-5 POS setups and at our farmers markets with just iPhones for payments.

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it. Does this solution also take Eftpos? 

Either way, it looks like it will work for me and provide me with another way to accept payments.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

unfortunately, Square doesn't accept EFTPOS, which I hadn't ever heard of and had to google it.  Funny how some technology systems take off in other countries.

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5665-can-i-accept-eftpos-cards

Message 4 of 4