x
Beta Member

Square barcode reader & Sqare terminal.

When will the sqare barcode reader and sqare terminal be available in Australia?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @TripleMCakes,

Thanks for getting in touch,

We don't have an ETA for Square Terminal in Australia yet, but everyone here in our Melbourne office is super keen on being able to bring it to our shores as soon as we can!

It's a pretty nifty piece of hardware ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

YES PLEASE!!!!

Message 3 of 5

I have to ask...but why is it so hard when CBA for example have their own terminal which is basically just like the Square terminal and is used at many places currently.

Thats the type of device I want...no requirements to have seperate items, printer/tap device all in one simple small device.

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hey @damiafaw

Thanks for getting in touch!

Terminal is something we absolutely want to release in Australia as soon as possible, however launching new finance products in new markets is unfortunately not as simple as flicking an 'on' switch - though we wish it was!

We have to take into account things like complying with local regulations, ensuring our hardware meets Australian standards, going through an application and review process for launching new financial products in Australia, and making sure features are tweaked in ways that Australian merchants expect. All of this take development time and resources.

At the moment we've been working hard to launch EFTPOS support in Australian (savings/cheque account selection), which has been our number one feature request in Australia since we launched here 2 years ago (you'll hear more on this soon!). Terminal is high on our list of wants for Australia - but it's only just launched in the US. Realistically, it's going to take a bit of time for us to ready it for an Australian launch.

Please keep letting us know what you're most keen on seeing with Square in Australia though, merchant feedback informs the way we prioritise new features for Australia! Rest assured though that Terminal is already a high priority.

Let me know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5