x
Beta Member

Stand has 3 Usb Ports not 4?

Ok here is the problem.  I have a printer, cash drawer, and Barcode reader wich takes up all 3 usb connections. Now I just ordered the Chip reader and its holder which is in need of another usb connection?   How is this going to work?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Actually the chip reader works with bluetooth so no need for USB port here. The dock for the chip reader ends with a USB male but you can easily find an adapter to plug it into an electric outlet to charge it.

Otherwise yes the stand has only 3 USB ports and adding a multiple USB adapter doesn't work - I tried -.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Message 2 of 4

Way will the cip reader not Bluetooth connect to my new iPad and the stand I just purchased I cannot believe you were selling a product that will not integrate or work with the existing products I have purchased and I must say your support services or a bit of a joke

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I'm really sorry for the frustration this has caused @Capelli. As mentioned in this thread, the Contactless and Chip Card reader should connect to your iPad over bluetooth. If it's not connecting, these pairing troubleshooting steps should help.

You could also use a printer-driven cash drawer to free up a USB port - this article about connecting recommended hardware to Square Stand has more details. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4