x

Stock not updating when sold online

I have 2 websites (NLHBC & MAC) on the same account. I have some of the same items for sale on both sites. I have just had a sale on NLHBC for an item that is originally a MAC site product - same product listed on both sites so shares the same inventory. The inventory amounts haven't altered! I had 10 in stock of one of the products and sold 4 so I should only have 6 left yet it's still showing 10. I am tracking the stock from the MAC location as that is where the stock "sits". Am I not doing something?????

Nicole Hallen
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Thought I had the items set up as modifiers but I don't - scent is it's own item with an SKU and stock level. Does this have something to do with locations? I need to have the one pool of product where the stock level changes no matter which site it's sold from.

Nicole Hallen
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NLH-05,

Thanks for getting back in touch ๐Ÿ‘‹

While we're not able to look into your Square Online setting via this forum, you mentioned that you set up modifiers for your items. Modifiers don't track stock levels, but variations do. If you're selling items that come in different options, and need to track stock, you'd want to use variations - for example t-shirts that come in different sizes.  

Modifiers allow for customisation that's not tied to stock - for example, if you're offering your t-shirts to be customised with embroidery via a text modifier box, for example. 

When you have a chance, please reach out to our support team so we can look into how you've set up your site, and items a bit further ๐Ÿ™‚ You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Message 3 of 3