x

Tax line randomly changes on customer tickets

Recently, we've noticed that when we print a guest check, (we're using the current update of the Square app on three Ipads in Square stands), between the time we take the check to a table, and come back to run a credit card the tax line will calculate differently. We've watched this happen several times over the last month ( it's presently September of 2021 ). We called tech support to sort this out, the new overseas based Square support is almost useless. The tech suggested we close all our tabs, and empty the cache... he very clearly didn't understand we were using an IOS App and not a web browser. Our current account manager, according to his voicemail, is on paternity leave until January of 2022. We've requested a call back from another account manager, twice over the last ten days and haven't heard anything. 

Has anyone noticed an issue with the tax line not calculating correctly, or with some items on your tickets toggling the tax slider off on individual items? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @GatorSquad

Thank you for bringing up this issue with your taxes in the Community. 

Could you give me some more information on how your taxes are set up? Do you have multiple items selected under multiple taxes? 

Also, which version of the app are you using - Point of Sale? or Retail? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀.  

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2