x
Beta Member

Team member Account & Setting Access

Hi

In my Team permission, i have set That a Team member can NOT access the Account & Settings Tab In Square For Retail on Square Register. 

However, the Team Member can still access the Account & Settings Tab and even Change the DEVICE NAME.

IS this a bug? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jewelcam, good to see you post again and welcome back!

Sorry to hear you are encountering some trouble with the permissions settings. We'd like to offer a few recommendations; essentially the specific permission you are inquiring about is located in the team permissions settings under Account & Settings > Device > Create, edit, and delete . 

If this permission is check-marked, then anyone who is designated this ability can and will have access to edit and change the device name. If you don't want your employees to have this ability, then all that needs to be done is simply un-check it. I hope this provides some insight as well as a resolution! If you are still encountering some issues, feel free to check out this help article.

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Screenshot_4.png

if you are refering to the image setting this has been off the whole time, and the Team member is on this Permission. But as i said the Team member can still access the "Setting" in the Square Register. 

Message 3 of 3