x

The tax reporting information downloaded to TurboTax is different from the EOY reports form Square

The tax reporting information downloaded to TurboTax is different from the EOY reports form Square.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@pdeviney ;

Squares Report will show cash sales included along with the Credit Card sales.  The 1099 tax information would not show the Cash sales, since Square is not Paying you the Cash Sales information.  My 1099 compared to My Gross sales through square is different.  Square Gross Sales for 2022 is higher than the Credit Card information on the 1099 report.  

So is the 1099 from the Tax Reporting information the same as that which was downloaded into TurboTax?

You can view your 1099 form here:

https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/taxes 

From your Dashboard - Account & Settings  -  Business Information - Tax Forms

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 6

Thank you for your reply.  I did not receive a 1099 from Square.  I have a very small business.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @pdeviney  - I see this is one of your first posts in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

If you did not qualify to receive a Form 1099-K from Square, you can calculate your year-end sales report and view your fees from your online Square Dashboard. You can even export your reports and sales information to give to your accountant or tax professional.

To view the fees you paid for credit card processing with Square in a given time period:

1. Go to Reporting > Reports on your online Square Dashboard.

2. Under Sales Summary, click the date-selector tool to view a specific timeframe. Note: Click the middle of the date selector to see a full calendar view.

3. You’ll see Fees listed near the bottom of the report.

To save your report as a CSV or spreadsheet, click Export on the top right.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Thank you Violet. You have been very helpful!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

You're welcome, @pdeviney ! I'm glad to hear I was able to help 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6