x

USB scanner for IPAD

If I get a USB adapter for our Ipad would a USB scanner work instead of the socket BT scanner?  I hear the socket scanners are hot garbage.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Mondueo 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us here and make your first post.

Yes! - you can use the USB adapter for Square Stand to connect a USB scanner for your Point of Sale. More information on this here.

For record keeping purposes, I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding USB printers.

Feel free to reach back out if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

@Joe Thanks.  The compatibility list on squares site said only with square stand.  So I wasn't sure if they had some special USB hub they were using in the stand...

Message 3 of 6

Hi there again, @Mondueo! This is my bad - I assumed you were using the Square Stand, which is what is needed to have the compatible USB hub attached.

Let me know if you have any remaining questions! 

Joe
Message 4 of 6

@Joe What is the difference between the HUB on the stand vs one I would buy in the store?  They are both USB.

Message 5 of 6

Hi there again, @Modeueo! This is a good question. The main difference here is that we cannot confirm full compatibility with the Point of Sale app. In theory, other USB hubs should work - we just would refrain from being able to confirm that they are fully compatible to attach third party hardware. 

Joe
Message 6 of 6