x

Unable to update stock AND credit card declined when trying to buy those items

Help! With any new items I am adding to my site today it's not letting me set a number for stock. I go update the stock and an arrow shows that it's trying to load for a few minutes and then it says " We are sorry but we weren't able to access your stock information. Please save your item and try again". Ive tried on multiples browsers, computers and phones and it keeps saying the same thing. Oddly, on any items I added yesterday I AM able to update the stock. More importantly, when I go to buy the new items any credit card is declined (older items without the stock issue I can purchase no problem) What can I do? I have a presale starting Sunday and I'm getting nervous that this isn't going to work. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

I’ve had this same issue all day. The only help I got was to wait 24 hours... I asked if this is an issue Square is having and they said no. Clearly it is. 

Message 2 of 26

I'm so frustrated! I see that quite a few other people are having this issue too...I've done all of the things they suggested (clearing cache etc) and trying so many different computers and phones and I agree it's definitely a Square issue. I really need this working by Sunday for a big sale I'm having ..argh 😞 

Message 3 of 26

I fully agree. I’m really upset that the chat is closed right now because it used to be 24/7 

Message 4 of 26

Ah I couldn't find a chat with an actual person- is it open tomorrow do you know? I know I can't call because they aren't open again until Monday. Good luck! Let me know if it ends up working for you!

Message 5 of 26

I will absolutely keep you updated on what happens! They usually have a live chat or phone option, and my whole time using square it has been 24/7 but all of a sudden today I checked and apparently it’s only open from 7am - 7pm... everyday though! So I would definitely reach out tomorrow, I am going to! I am now having customers contact me and tell me their payments are being declined on my site.... so that’s another huge issue to keep your eye out for with this weird stock stuff!

Message 6 of 26

oh ok thank you! Oh gosh you’re making me nervous with the payments being declined!! 😩

Message 7 of 26

I’m so sorry! It’s just what I’m experiencing right now and I thought I should say something. 

Message 8 of 26

No I’m so glad you did! Maybe I should delay my sale until this get resolved.. is there a link to the live chat? Or is the square chat assistant and during operating hours it won’t be a robot ? Lol thank you!!

Message 9 of 26

I’m not sure you should delay your sale, but I would get in touch with someone first thing tomorrow! When you go to chat assistant, skip over all the robot mess by saying “live representative” it will bring you to a link to talk to a real person! 

Message 10 of 26

Ok thanks so much! I just tried to buy something off my sale and it declined my payment 😩

Message 11 of 26

Oh no!!! Shoot! Okay, funny question.. but does it do it to your items you’ve previously uploaded? Or is it just declining on items from today’s upload? My checkout cc info boxes have now completely grayed out and I can’t enter any info. I’m going to set my site to not accepting online orders 😕 

Message 12 of 26

It’s only declining orders with items I added today (with the stock issue).. items I added the other day my credit card works fine. 

Message 13 of 26

Okay good to know! Thank you, I’m not sure what’s even happening on my site right now. So, I think I’m going to give it a rest and hopefully get in contact with someone tomorrow! So frustrating! Thank you for chatting with me, I hope you can get everything resolved tomorrow for your Sunday sale! 🥰

Message 14 of 26

Me too, Tomorrow is a new day hopefully! Thanks for the heads up and all your help! Hope it gets resolved for you too! I’ll update here if I learn anything! 

Message 15 of 26
Beta Member

This seems to happen like every **bleep** week at this point. It should be working sometime tomorrow which always seems to be the case. But it doesn’t make it any less frustrating now. 

Message 16 of 26

Wow really? maybe I need to switch to a more reliable ecommerce site then... I can't risk this happening with my customers getting their credit cards declined for big pre-sales. 

Message 17 of 26
Beta Member

So what happens is until the item lets you manipulate the inventory, it’s not available for purchase. So when it’s pending like this it won’t let anyone purchase the item.

Message 18 of 26

I do have older items from 4th of July that seem to be working  - I wonder if I can just update the name/description/image/stock of those with the 3 problem Halloween items as a work around. 

Message 19 of 26

Thank goodness it isn’t just me. My presale launched today and it’s DOA. Totally deflated and frustrated. 

Message 20 of 26

Oh no, I’m so sorry! This is so maddening.. and that this appears to be a fairly common occurrence?! I think I found you on IG - you do cookies as well?  Soo you talked to someone at Square today? Did they give an ETA? So sorry again how stressful 😩

Message 21 of 26