x

What settings do I need to enable to have item notes print on Order Tickets?

Hello all, 

In my small vitamin store, I use tickets for phone orders to be paid in person, items in shipments coming in, and items on hold. Often, I use a note in the ticket's "NOTES" field stating the location of the items held, such as "All items in the fridge," or "Customer waiting for CoQ10, all others on 2nd shelf 6/12/17-Stacy." The customer receives a copy, and we print another for our bulletin board. 

These notes are NOT printing on the TICKET. Used to, but now they arent. Why? or can we choose to have it turned on/ not show up?

What's the point of the "notes" field on the ticket descriprion, if it won't print?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Good question, @Stellar732 -

Order Tickets are similar in detail to the customer receipt and show items purchased as well as notes and your customer's name. Order Ticket Stubs are very brief and show your customer name. You can choose which tickets are printed from the settings in Point of Sale. 

Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom left corner (you may see a blue number if you have notifications).

• Tap Settings
  • Tap Printers.  
  • Select the printer (if you have more than one) and toggle on/off for Order Tickets and Order Ticket Stubs to meet your needs (you'll want Order Tickets on in order to see items and notes). 

I hope this helps get your tickets back to printing the information you need. 👍

PS) If this answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just post again here, and we'll continue to help. Thanks!

Message 2 of 8

Yeah, @Russell,

Your message to me says:

"Order Tickets are similar in detail to the customer receipt and show items purchased as well as notes and your customer's name."

What I'm saying to you is that the NOTES are not PRINTING.

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

@Stellar732 it sounds like you may only have enabled Order Ticket Stubs (notes do not print) instead of regular Order Tickets (notes do print). The instructions above walk through how to enable/disable these two different order tickets. 

Please double check your settings and make sure that you are printing Order Tickets and not Order Ticket Stubs.

Let me know! 

Message 4 of 8

@Russell

Maybe I wasn't clear.

These notes used to print. 

Even if i'm using "order tickets," which I didn't need to before, they are not printing. 

The ticket notes notes are not printing. 

Maybe it's a problem with my account? I don't know.

It would be interesting to know if I'm the only one having this issue.

I will not delete and re-install the app. This loses all the drawer history. 

Please send this up the ladder.

thanks

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

I definitely hear you - do know that before answering you yesterday, I used my own account to make sure the instructions work (and re-tested today when I saw your response). This is a head scratcher. 🤔 
Sorry I wasn't able to get things back to normal for you. 

Please feel free to call our Support Team directly to troubleshoot this further. From the Contact Us page: sign in, browse the topics, and click "I still need help" so you can retrieve your phone code. 📞

Message 6 of 8

Russell, 

I want modifiers to print on order tickets in the back/kitchen. the order ticket prints but the modifiers listed on the receipt does not print on the ticket. We use them for adding condiments to a food such as add lettuce, add tomato, NO onion are all modifiers I have ste up and the order taker selects the modifier to identify that is how they want the item but if it doesnt print on the order ticket in the kitchen, they do not know not to add tomato. 

thanks, 

Teresa

Message 7 of 8

Hey @Saveryvegan!

I replied to your thread Order Tickets not printing modifiers. Let's try and keep the conversation there, since this thread is about a separate issue. 

Message 8 of 8