x

Why are all of the best Square features available to the iOS systems only?

It seems that every great feature that the Square POS app can provide are only available on iOS systems yet there are far more Android users in the marketplace, especially those who use mobile payment systems, than there are Apple.  The reason that we use the Android systems over iOS is that it is much more user friendly, much more reliable, and much more consistent across the range of versions in use yet we still have to sit back with the watered down version of the app.

For example:  I use barcodes on my product labels yet I have to purchase extra equipment in order to read them with my Android tablet yet I can read them with my built-in camera if I use your competitor's app (PayPal Here does not segregate function by operating platform, what a genius idea).  

I have to purchase all kinds of attachements and hardware in order to attach a receipt printer to my tablet yet with the competitor I can use a WiFi printer (which by the way is the same printer that you can use on an iOS based platform but for some reason cannot be accessed on Android).

These are just a couple of the issues but it makes no sense that Square can't get things equal across the board for all users.  Face it Square, Apple is not the "be all, end all" that you tend to think that they are and this has been addressed by hundreds of users over the past 10+ years yet you still ignore us and leave us on the bench.  Well, for that reason I have been using the PayPal Here platform because I can at least run my business the way I want to run it by using the built-in functions on my current hardware and without having to carry around another case of peripheral devices to make it happen.  I would prefer to return to using Square because there some features that I like so much more but if you can equalize our functionality I have no use for you at this time.

Straight answer from you:  Is there any intention of bringing equal functionality to all operating system platforms?

Simple as can be yet your response could cost you users for the future.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0