x
Beta Member

Why can't my customers choose delivery or pick up?

My site has been live for several months already now, and just recently a couple of customers have reached out to say our delivery and pick-up options were visually still available but once clicked on, it would revert them back to shipping. I have tried turning off our delivery and pick up options and even removing shipping as an option. With shipping removed as an option, the shipping method of a flat rate still appears and I cannot choose delivery or pick up as an alternative! This has never been a problem before and I am not sure of any other steps to correct this! Please let me know if this has happened before and how to correct this!!

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @LRNLCHTRBL.

Welcome to the Seller Community! We're excited to see you post your questions on here. I was able to take a look at your website (https://www.qtpilashes.ca/). When it comes to choosing a fulfillment method, your customers need to manually change the delivery method (Please see pictures attached). I can't test the full checkout process unless I purchase an item (by the way, I really like the eye lashes you sell). I suggest you test the site by purchasing an item yourself and later refunding the amount. 

Let me know if this works.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hey @LRNLCHTRBL.

Welcome to the Seller Community! We're excited to see you post your questions on here. I was able to take a look at your website (https://www.qtpilashes.ca/). When it comes to choosing a fulfillment method, your customers need to manually change the delivery method (Please see pictures attached). I can't test the full checkout process unless I purchase an item (by the way, I really like the eye lashes you sell). I suggest you test the site by purchasing an item yourself and later refunding the amount. 

Let me know if this works.

Sayra
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hi Sayra! It turns out several of my customers were unable to manually select delivery or pick up because of a BUG! I contacted Customer service directly and they said  similar issue was happening to other sites! Thank you anyways! 

Message 3 of 7

Glad you were able to get this resolved @LRNLCHTRBL

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Message 4 of 7

HI @LRNLCHTRBL, did they resolve the bug for you?  I am having the same problem with some customers saying they can't select Pickup, and some saying they can't opt for shipping.  I've made sure the Fulfillment section is correctly set up.  I noticed that for one item that I tested, I was able to provide shipping instructions when I tested through my mobile, but with a desktop, I could not opt out of pickup. I'm wondering if the browser caches your location and tries to be 'smart' or something.  Any advice you (or anyone) can provide is appreciated!

Message 5 of 7

I'm having the same issue. I see how the can change it, but it's confusing to some customers. In settings, I set my default fulfillment to delivery, but pick-up is still the default fulfillment that customers see. Some are confused. Is there another way to make it default to delivery?

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Have you checked to make sure that your items have the correct fulfillment type applied, @Phancys?

You'll want to edit one of the affected items, then scroll to the Fulfillment section, and ensure that the Local Delivery & Self-serve ordering box is checked - let me know what you find out!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 7