x

Why can't we import more than 16 rows of data?

In November of 2016, I was able to import a CSV file of 200 rows into an account successfully free of errors.  Yesterday, I exported that same set of data and attempted to import into another account and received a red flag at the top stating I had 1 error in the document identifying a "row 17 error".  I did all I could (deleting row 17, checking for any invalid characters, starting a new CSV file, exporting the template and pasting the information) and I still got the error.

However, when I import only 16 rows of that same data, it imports fine.  When I take a chunk of more than 16 rows, I receive the error. 

So with that said, has there been any changes of the amount of data that one can import?   I've imprted all my 200 rows of data, but I had to chunk em' in sets of 16 rows (which was tedious and unnecessary), but it did the job.   

When will this issue be resolved?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

@jlagang - Sorry to hear about the trouble! It definitely sounds like something is going on here. To get going, it sounds like we'll need to take a look at your .CSV to test things out on our end. I sent you an email requesting a copy. Can you reply here once you have a chance to send it over to me? Thanks! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 2