x

Will the IPAD Square Updates EVER work?

Our cafe had been suffering from the horrible connectivity issues with the Square App/Ipad, which we thought would have been fixed with the iOS11.2 update.

To my surprise the App now doesn't have 'many' problems connecting but is SLOW, BUGGY, GLITCHY.. which at this point is disturbing my business beyond any normal technological delay.

Yes, I am aware you posted about this performance issue with the 11.2 update, but this is absolutely getting ridiculous. It has now been more than 3 months with these issues. WHAT ARE WE PAYING FOR?

And even worse, during the most security sensitive time of year, We are struggling to have any sort of connectivity to our card reader. This now poses a threat for our business and our customers.

---The green light only goes on when I remove it from the stand and press the White button. Still doesn't work.

Is there any way you can convince me to not switch to a different POS System?

Our cafe is opening a second location and I am debating buying from a new POS system altogether.

I love Square and all of it's features... up until now.

We are a BUSY CAFE and I NEED SOMETHING THAT IS RELIABLE!!!!!!!!!

-Buffalo, NY

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hi @jleone - Thank you for posting your feedback. We realize these few months of issues have been incredibly frustrating for businesses like yours. Our team has been working hard on fixes though we know issues like these can never be solved fast enough. We've also pledged to be more proactive about updating our customers when issues like these arise. 

After the fix from iOS 11, we discovered a bug in the new update that made POS slow in many of the ways that you mentioned. We just fixed that issue with a release on Friday of Square POS 4.78.1. We are asking all Sellers to update their app to that latest version which we have tested and confirmed fixes the known issues. 

We pride ourselves on being reliable and sellers are truly the center of our business here at Square. Our entire team strives to provide the best experience they can. We're definitely having discussions about how we can continue delivering to businesses like yours. Importantly, we want you to continue giving us the feedback like you have since it's incredibly valuable.

Here are some general troubleshooting tips for the card reader, but if you need more help, give us a call! Our team will be more than happy to help you troubleshoot this.

Message 2 of 2