x

Withdrawal from Square

This morning I had an email about a pending withdrawal from Square from my account for an amount that doesn't reflect the typical fees or a refund I recently issued. I also recived an email that my account was logged into last night. I feel like I have been hacked, but I don't understand why that would result in Square withdrawing funds? If you have done a refund, have you experienced Square withdrawing the refund in separate installments?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

It is possible someone could have figured out your password but maybe more likely is that it is a phishing email possing as Square.

First thing I would do is log in to your account and check your Bank account

Then check your transactions, check your disputes, check you deposits.

See if you see anything out of line in those links.  If you do change your password immediately, then contact Square.

Message 2 of 3

Hey @Shannemalut, if you issued a refund we will look to your Square balance first to cover the refund. If there aren't enough funds in your balance we will debit your bank account for the remaining amount. 

I recommend checking the email to see who the sender was. If it's an unfamiliar (non-Square) email address, please forward it to spoof@squareup.com. Ou Account Security Team will look into this email. 

If you still have questions I recommend giving us a call as @VanKalkerFarms mentioned.  

Message 3 of 3