x

comp amounts doubling

Trying to use comps to manage bar sales and drink chips.  Sell drink chips for the price of a drink.  When taking a chip for a drink we comp the drink after entering the drink we serve. If it is on an open ticket, we comp as paid with chip.  For some reason, the comp amount ends up as double the amount of chip value in reports. What am I doing wrong.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @jlclip, thanks for surfacing this.

If you're selling chips for drinks, that should be sufficient for capturing the sale in your reporting. Comping a chip on top of that sale would increase the number of chips sold in your sales reports. It sounds like you're looking for a way to process a redemption and account for the number of drink chips yet to be redeemed — is that correct?

While we don't have a feature for that at this time, I'll be sure to share your post with our Product Liaison team. So that I can provide more details, can you reply with a bit more information on why it's important to sell the chips vs. the drink directly?

If any other sellers in a similar situation have found a process that works well or have any other insight to offer, feel free to chime in! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3

Chips are generally used when someone buys drinks for others and they are not ready to consume them at the moment. Yes, we are trying to monitor chip redemption for general inventory of number of beers consumed. They need not be redeemed on the day of sale.

Message 3 of 3