x

why is a transaction not showing up in my activity?

im very new to square..my first transaction went thru, i received the approved screen, customer signed, and then the screen went back to the charge screen, i wasnt sure what happened so we swiped her card again and charged her again, both the transactions showed up on her end but not in my activity..what does that mean if a transaction is pending? will i receive the amount from my customer for my goods? what are the next steps i should take as a vendor? did my customer walk away with free stuff? if the transactions arent showing up on my activity how do i refund her from the second charge? i have been trying to call customer service and havent been able to get a "customer code" and im going in circles here! i been reading about this situation happening to others, what was the outcome of your situation if it did happen to you? did you receive your payment?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I have the same problem and have found no resolution 

Message 2 of 5
Square

@Phoenixpizza - While the community is a great place for getting advice from other sellers and finding the answer for general questions, for account specific ones, we'll want to keep things private. Please reach out here so we can follow up with you to sort this out. Thanks a ton! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 5

I am having the same issue, but I tendered half the transaction in cash, and half on card. It charged the whole amount on the card twice.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@americanmemory There's a few things that could've potentially happened here. 

Unfortunately, we can’t address your account or payment specific issues here in the community, as it’s a public forum. 

Reach out to our Support Team directly and they'll be able to take a look at the payment with you. 

Message 5 of 5