x

How do I add a subscribe button to my blog?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Is there a way to add a Feedburner subscribe by email button to my blog? The Weebly help articles just say to not do it. But I have many email subscribers to my Blogger blogs, and I'd like to do the same on Weebly since my blog is part of my website.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi, Missy! 

Another option is to create a subscribe button on Add to Any. Once you click that link you will see a drop-down menu. Click there and choose subscribe. Choose the style of button you would like to use on your site. Then enter your feed url. This can be found on your blog's sidebar. Look for the orange rss button. Click that button and copy the url that appears in your address bar. 

I advise that you enter your email address where it asks for it. So that you may receive updates for this service. Then click 'more options' for further features you can add to the button. 

Once you get the button options chosen click 'Get Button Code'. Copy the embed code they provide you. Then paste that into an embed code element on your Weebly site. Where you want the subscribe button to appear. 

View Best Answer >

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Square

@catblogger wrote:

Is there a way to add a Feedburner subscribe by email button to my blog? The Weebly help articles just say to not do it. But I have many email subscribers to my Blogger blogs, and I'd like to do the same on Weebly since my blog is part of my website.

Thanks!

The main problem with this is that Feedburner is likely to be discontinued in the near future, and will likely not work that well for people even before it does.  It's not that it's impossible to do, but you're better off taking a path of action that will provide a better experience for your readers in the longterm.

The best way to do that would be to have an email newsletter; you can add a signup form to your blog sidebar, then email your readers when you make a new blog post.  Thanks for asking, @catblogger!

Message 2 of 35

It works really well for my blogs on Blogger. I really don't want to create and send out a newsletter. I have enough to do! I just want people to be able to click somewhere to subscribe to the blog by email. Two people asked me about that last night.

I was able to do it with one blog before I moved it to blogger. But it doesn't work with this blog because it's part of my website. ??

Thanks for the reply, Adam.

Message 3 of 35

Best Answer

Hi, Missy! 

Another option is to create a subscribe button on Add to Any. Once you click that link you will see a drop-down menu. Click there and choose subscribe. Choose the style of button you would like to use on your site. Then enter your feed url. This can be found on your blog's sidebar. Look for the orange rss button. Click that button and copy the url that appears in your address bar. 

I advise that you enter your email address where it asks for it. So that you may receive updates for this service. Then click 'more options' for further features you can add to the button. 

Once you get the button options chosen click 'Get Button Code'. Copy the embed code they provide you. Then paste that into an embed code element on your Weebly site. Where you want the subscribe button to appear. 

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 35

Got it. Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 35

You're very welcome. Happy I could help. 

Message 6 of 35

Sorry to highjack the thread. I'm trying to do the same thing, and I don't have an orange RSS button! Please help!

Message 7 of 35
Square

Navigate to your blog page in the editor, then drag the RSS element from the list of elements to the sidebar of your blog.  If you don't see a sidebar for your blog, go to Settings > Blog and check to see if the option is turned on.  If it is and you still don't see it, then the theme you're using is one of the few where it doesn't include one and you'd need to switch to a different theme.

Message 8 of 35

Hi.  I got the button, but I dont see an option where people can subscribe via email so all posts are sent to their inbox.  Am I missing something?  Can you please?

Message 9 of 35

Agree - this does not solve the issue of being able to receive blog posts via email. Your solution allows people to select a feed reader service, but email is not an option.

Message 10 of 35

Yes, and I think this is an important distinction - especially if you're trying to reach less tech-minded folks. Are there any plans to address this?

@momidarity wrote:

Agree - this does not solve the issue of being able to receive blog posts via email. Your solution allows people to select a feed reader service, but email is not an option.

Message 12 of 35

Hiya ive managed to set up a subscription button, however i was wondering if there was a way to know how many or who has subscribed?

Message 12 of 35

Is there a way to set up a service where people can subscrive to my blog and receive updates to their email when I make posts?  Thanks!

Message 13 of 35

I use Feedburner, feedburner.google.com/. I know a lot of people think it's outdated and don't like it. But it's easy to set up and works for me. 

Message 14 of 35

Thanks for you response.  I am brand new at this and I didn't really see the option with feedburner for emails to be generated when a new post is made.  Would you be able to tell me how to have that happen for my subscribers?  Thanks SO much!

Message 15 of 35

It's been a long time since I did this, and I don't remember how I did it. I think when you set up your Feedburner account for your blog, it automatically generates the emails to subscribers.
Message 16 of 35

Thank you so much! I spent over an hour trying other things including customer service - this actually worked!

Message 17 of 35

I'm so glad to hear that. I know how frustrating it is to spend hours trying to do something that should be really easy. I've been there, too -- many times!
Message 18 of 35

I have the code... but I don't know how to copy and paste it into Weebly. Thanks.

Message 19 of 35

It's been years since I did that, and I've since moved my blogs off Weebly. If you're using FeedBurner, the instructions should be on the website somewhere. I believe that's where I found them. But I'm not sure FeedBurner is even operatiional. The blog hasn't been updated for two years! 

Message 20 of 35

If you go to the menu on left hand side in Weebly, there should be a small box that says "embed code." Drag that box to wherever you want your subscribe button to be, and then paste the code into the text box that appears.

Message 24 of 35