x

Adding a hyper-link behind a word

Hello,

In my text I would like to refer to an article that I wrote in a way that when the user clicks on a certain word the homepage of the publisher with the article opens up. How do I do this? Also I would like to put a hyperlink behind a word that when the user clicks on a particular word the homepage of a colleague opens up.

Many thanks and regards,

Uli

Message 1 of 10
5 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Hey there @uk!

If you want to link words to different pages, you can use our standard linking tools to do this.  Check out this short guide to see how to do that in the editor:

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201018148-Create-Links

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10

Best Answer

Many thanks for your quick help. I did it but noticed that the changes I have made were not saved. This happened to me with regard to other changes too. Sometimes they are saved and sometimes not. What could this be?

Again many thanks in advance and best,

uk

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 10
Square

Best Answer

Try these steps when making your link:

1. In your text element, select the text you want to link

2. Choose the link option from the text editing toolbar

3. Choose whichever option you need (external link, page of your site, etc), and enter your link

4. Click outside of the text element on your page somewhere

5. Publish

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 10

Best Answer

Many Thanks Adam. It was the 'publish' button I did not know would do the saving. Done now. Thanks again for you quick and kind support!

uk

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 10
Square

Best Answer

Glad to help! Robot Happy

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Best Answer

Hey there @uk!

If you want to link words to different pages, you can use our standard linking tools to do this.  Check out this short guide to see how to do that in the editor:

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201018148-Create-Links

Message 2 of 10

Best Answer

Many thanks for your quick help. I did it but noticed that the changes I have made were not saved. This happened to me with regard to other changes too. Sometimes they are saved and sometimes not. What could this be?

Again many thanks in advance and best,

uk

Message 3 of 10
Square

Best Answer

Try these steps when making your link:

1. In your text element, select the text you want to link

2. Choose the link option from the text editing toolbar

3. Choose whichever option you need (external link, page of your site, etc), and enter your link

4. Click outside of the text element on your page somewhere

5. Publish

Message 4 of 10

Best Answer

Many Thanks Adam. It was the 'publish' button I did not know would do the saving. Done now. Thanks again for you quick and kind support!

uk

Message 5 of 10
Square

Best Answer

Glad to help! Robot Happy

Message 6 of 10

How do I Change color of hyperlinked word?

Message 7 of 10
Square

To change the color used by links, go to the Theme tab and click on "Change Fonts".  Next, click on "Links", then change the color options you see there.

Message 8 of 10

I've tried adding a hyperlink to text on my page.  I followed your instructions and watched the video to make sure I was doing the steps in the right order.  I put the URL to the external page in the box, click outside the box, select PUBLISH, but it is never saved.  When I test my published page, there is no link.  Can you help?  Thank you!

Message 9 of 10

Hello Ihightow!

There's an issue with linking right now that our team is working in, which is likely why that's not working for you at present. You should be able to click inside the menu before clicking away to work around it, however, until the fix is out. Sorry for the frustration!

Message 10 of 10