x

Can I use the Starter plan for a small business?

I'm helping someone set up a website for their small business.  The Plan summary page says the Starter plan is for "Personal Use".  

Is that just a recommendation or an actual restriction?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

https://www.weebly.com/pricing

scroll down and you will see what starter and otehr plans do for you.  Also if you pay for 2 years, the cost comes down drastically.  Instead of $96/yr ($8/mo) you pay $120 for 2 years ($5/mo).

I wonder why weebly does not include two year info. on their pricing page.

Message 2 of 8

Thank you for the information on the 2-year pricing, however that doesn't answer my question.  I just want to know if it's okay to use the Starter plan for a business website (and yes, I realize it will have less features than the other plans).

Message 3 of 8

Sure....If he does not want to sell more than 10 items he can use it for business.  For example, a lawyer, doctor, dentist, plumber, painter, handyman, photgrapher can use starter website.

Message 4 of 8

Okay thanks, that's what I figured.  I think Weebly's site shouldn't say "Personal Use" as it makes it sound exclusionary.

Message 5 of 8

I see what you mean, and yes I agree weebly should make it clear (with some example uses) also I have no clue why they are hiding their 2 year pricing.

Message 6 of 8

Yes, of course you can. You won't have access to certain options [such as selling products, add a search function or password protected pages], but you can still run a perfectly fine business website with a basic package. 

Message 7 of 8

Starter pages are great for buisnesses!

Check out my webpage (which isn't even a starter page yet) at www.5minutesforyou.weebly.com

Message 8 of 8