x

Did they ever get the Scribd issues fixed?

I have a website and I go to it and all the Scribd documents have a notice that they were removed by the user and not available. I delete all of them. 

I got to test re-uploading and I get it stalled out "Document converting" and it it is just a two page Word Doc and it is stalled out. 

The URL is www3.dragndropbuilder.com/weebly/main.php

My site is on hostgator. Is it Host Gator's fault, Weebly's fault, or Scribd's fault. Or perhaps all of them. Host Gator has referred me to Weebly. 

If there isn't a solution, that is fine also, and I will want to migrate to a new hosting service with real tools. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Discovered that on the builder (drag and drop builder) it will just stay Document converting. However, if you publish the site, it will show up.

Stupid Weebly. Hostgator couldn't figure this out either. 

At some point when I identify a person to do web editing for me, I will leave both. 

Wasted a day trying to track this down and also look at alternative hosting web services.

Message 2 of 11

Of course I don't know when the page has finished uploading so I give it a while to make sure. 

Also, I am exploring checking whether I can upload two documents and then Weebly publish. 

If the documents later then disappear I am going to have to get a real drag and drop builder on a real hosting site. I am open to recommendations.

Message 3 of 11

Turns out that when you upload another document to Scribd the prior one will stop do the Converting display and then display. 

So you can upload documents to Scribd. Weebly is just buggy.

Message 4 of 11
Square

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with the Scribd element. There is an alternative third party app in our App Center called File Embed that some of our customers prefer. 

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/pdf--file-embed?ref=ac-search

Hope this helps you out! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11

I am just going to live with the bug since I can work around. I don't need a 4th party involved besides Hostgator, Weebly, and Scibd. If something then doesn't work I will have four parties blaming each other. 

Also, I signed up with Hostgator because it had a simple drag and drop app Weebly. I have other things to do besides getting apps to fix weebly bugs.

Message 6 of 11

That link is a

Error - Page Not Found
Message 9 of 11
Square

Thanks for pointing that out. It looks like the app name was changed. Here is an updated link: https://www.weebly.com/app-center/pdf--file-embed?ref=ac-search

Message 9 of 11

I replaced all my Scribed boxes with the embed function from Scribed. However, it seems to be buggy when on mobile devices. Sometimes they get the message that the document has been removed. 

Unfortunately I only tested it using a laptop and didn't realize that it was failing on mobile devices after I sent out letters and emails. Will be looking at getting rid of Weebly and maybe Scribd. 

Message 12 of 11

Customers review says it doesn't work a lot of the times. 

Message 12 of 11
Square

Can you please post a link to your site? 

Message 12 of 11