x

Disable google login

Hi, 

Anyone know of a way to disable Google login?

I understand how it works for Facebook but I'm looking for Google specifically. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square

Hey @LWL!  Normally you'd go to your account page, click on "Edit Profile", then click on Google and there would be an option disconnect. This is currently not working though and being worked on by our engineers. 

I can try and fix it on our end for you if you'd like though.  Is the account you want to disconnect from Google the same one you're logged into while you use Community?

Message 2 of 18

Sure is. It isn't something urgent though. I'm just thinking about my long term support plan for my site. 

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 18
Square

No problem! I expect the option to disconnect to resolved by our engineers so it probably won't be an issue when and if you want to do that.

Message 4 of 18

Three years later, this is still broken.  Can you disconnect my google account from my Weebly login, please.  Same one as this community account.  Thanks!

Message 17 of 18
Square

I don't see Google login connected to the account tied to your Community profile, @dahlia. Did you disconnect this yourself since posting?

Message 17 of 18

It's the same for me - this is super invasive, and I wasn't asked. The 'other ways to sign in' directs me back to Google login. In my Account options it is not possible to uncheck the linked Google account. Weebly, I have no problem moving my site over to another provider - this is shady. Fix it now.

Message 17 of 18

Adding to this - I know see the privacy changes and sharing of information with third parties. I'll be terminating my account.

Message 17 of 18
Square

Sorry for the troubles and thanks for posting. 

Message 17 of 18

Hi - I assist my 87 year old friend to maintain a website on weebly and up until Saturday we had zero issues logging in to Weebly over the past year but suddenly this weekend we are asked to login using a google account.  He did not set this up intentionally and I don't even think he has a google account.  Can you help by removing this option from his account as he does not want this option and now it is stopping him from logging in to his account and  he can no longer modify the website.  Weebly please fix this.  As he can't login, he can also not send you this question as it requires a login.  The account is the main account holder for the same website as I am logged into. I am also an administrator for this account. He is the main account holder called westcliff.  Please fix this for us by re-setting that account option to NOT need google login or a facebook login. thank you.

Message 17 of 18
Square

Hi @Bayviewresident Can you please confirm the full site url you are referring to? 

Message 17 of 18

bayviewlife.org

Message 17 of 18
Square

Thanks. I'll follow up with a private message. 

Message 17 of 18

thanks, but to which user / where did the private message go?  to bayviewresidents or westcliff?  

Message 17 of 18
Square

Hi there. Smiley Happy Which private message are you referring to? Or do you mean where will the password reset be sent? All information will be sent to the main account email which begins with westcliff@

Message 17 of 18

yes.. that is what I thought and now you appear to have managed to lock him out by changing his pwd... I did not ask for a password change, I asked just to remove the google account login request parameter from that account so that it no longer pops up and asks for a google account which he does not have.  now apparently the pwd has been changed, which has caused more confusion.  I thought it would just be possible for you to re-set that google account login parameter to not be required anymore so he could use his existing pwd and login without google. 

I will check with my 87 year old friend now if he can re-set the pwd AND if after that he can login or if he still gets the pop up asking to login with his google account.

Message 17 of 18

Why does it say disabled under google in my settings?  My site is not coming up on any websearches.  Did Weebly disable it or Google?

Message 19 of 18
Square

Are you referring to the option in Settings > SEO, @deborahking? The option is disabled, which means that your site is open to indexing by search engines. It looks like your site has only been published with the current site address for a couple weeks, so it will probably take a little longer for Google to index it.

Message 19 of 18