x

How do I sync inventory from my Weebly website to Square?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Hello....I recently “upgraded” from Square to Weebly with the understanding inventory would sync; however, when I add a new product in Square it does not show up in Weebly.  Am I missing a step?  Does Weebly sync inventory counts in real time when someone purchases an item from your online store or do I need to manually intervene?

Thank you

Brenda

Message 1 of 91
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

It looks like you have a standard Weebly account - we don't currently sync inventory with some accounts created through Weebly.com. We do sync inventory if you create a Square Online store with the "online" option in your Square account, as well as with some accounts created through Weebly.com (you'll know if you have if the domain updates to square.online after you log in). Inventory syncing with Square Online sites should happen in real-time.

With your current account you'll want to make these products in Store > Products Library so you can sell them online (it won't sync inventory, though).

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

Hi,

I did my first arts and craft show of the season this past weekend. In the past with my free square online store, my sales and inventory synced with the online store. With this new ecommerce website it did not. I had to manually adjust inventory. That also messes up my sales reports as it shows no sales?  What do I have to do to get them to sync again?

Thanks,

Liz

Message 2 of 91
Square

Thanks for posting again, @Sundownalpacas. While we sync inventory with a Square Online Store (the one you create when you use the online store option in your Square dashboard), we do not currently sync inventory with the connection to your Square account and the site you built directly with us. We do want to change this in the future, though, so hopefully at some point you'll be able to sync your inventory in the same way that you did with the other site.

Message 2 of 91

Oh no...when I decided to do this new site I read this in the support section and thought it applied to the weebly ecommerce store. Do you know when this feature will happen?

Square Sync
When you first set up your online store with Square and Weebly, products in your Square item library will sync over to Weebly. After the initial set up, syncing will continue in the background with some exceptions, as noted below.

What Syncs:
Product Title and Description - Product description sync can be disabled to allow use of rich text formatting in the Weebly product editor. You can find this option in Store > Setup > Square Sync > Settings.

Product Variations and Modifiers - Products with variants or modifiers applied will sync the same as other products. You can add and edit modifiers or variants after a product has already synced and those changes will sync over to the product in your online store.

Inventory - Please note that manual changes to inventory made in your online store will not sync back to Square. If you need to update inventory for items sold in your online store, you should always do that from your Square dashboard. These changes will then be synced automatically to your online store.

Deleted products - Deleting a product in your online store will also remove it from Square, so proceed with caution. If you want to remove a product from your online store without deleting it from Square, make it unavailable instead. Simply edit the product and click the Unavailable button under the description field, then save. This will remove the product from your website so it can't be purchased. If you change your mind later, you can set it back to available.

Sales and Orders - When customers purchase items from your website, the inventory will be updated accordingly in both your online store and Square dashboard. You can view and access orders placed on your website in Square as well as in your online store.

What Doesn’t Sync:
Images - While these are imported during your setup sync, they do not continue to sync after that. You can add more images to products in your online store, but they won't sync back to Square.

Categories - Categories in Square are different from those in your online store, so they don’t sync. Use the categories in your online store to organize your products on your website.

Coupons - Square discounts are different from the coupons in your online store, so they will not sync. Use the coupons in your online store to offer incentives to customers who purchase through your website.

Sale Price - This is also handled differently in Square, so sale prices you set on products in your online store only apply to purchases made on your website.

Liz

Message 2 of 91
Square

Our support site tailors what it shows depending on the account you're logged into, so that information was accurate when you were logged into your Square Online Store account though it doesn't apply for one made through Weebly. I'm not sure how long it will take to add this, although this is a priority for us so it's definitely something that will be coming as soon as we can.

Message 2 of 91
Square

Hi Brenda. It should update, but I believe there may be a queue at times. What is the name of the site and one of the products that did not update properly? 

Message 2 of 91

Hello,

The site is My Honeybee and two of the products are a Bridget Tank Llama Moonstone or Be The Change Tank.

thank you

Message 2 of 91
Square

Best Answer

It looks like you have a standard Weebly account - we don't currently sync inventory with some accounts created through Weebly.com. We do sync inventory if you create a Square Online store with the "online" option in your Square account, as well as with some accounts created through Weebly.com (you'll know if you have if the domain updates to square.online after you log in). Inventory syncing with Square Online sites should happen in real-time.

With your current account you'll want to make these products in Store > Products Library so you can sell them online (it won't sync inventory, though).

Message 2 of 91

Actually I started with Square support who worked with Weebly to import my items as an early adopter.  Are you saying I need to delete everything and start again?  If so, what is the best way to do this?  I am losing business.  Thank you

Message 2 of 91
Square

You shouldn't need to do that. Here's what I would do:

1. If you are using the same email address with your Square account as with your Weebly account, then change your Weebly account email address to something else.

2. In your Square account, click on the "online store" link from your Square dashboard. This will create a Square Online Store for you and sync over all your products automatically.

If you have paid services in your current Weebly account, I can move those over to the new Square Online Store account so you can use them there. Oh, one other thing you could do before this is add the missing products in Store > Products Library, that way you can sell them while you finish getting the new Square Online Store ready.

Message 2 of 91

Has this been fixed? I started using Weebly because I was reading that it syncs inventory with Square. I misunderstood, I thought it syncs at all times. Do I need to go back and manually adjust Weebly inventory after using square?

Message 2 of 91

It has not. I have to go back and adjust the inventory manually on my weebly site.  It works with squareup free store, which is what I started out with.

Message 2 of 91
Square

HI @Sundownalpacas side note: I forgot to tell you I got my package. Love it! Heart

Is there a reason you switch from the Square store to the old Weebly editor? I didn't know you had started with Square Online Store originally..

@avdb It looks like you ARE using the Square Online Store. What is not syncing for you? 

Message 2 of 91

Hi Adam. I am in Canada. I have a a free Weebly site set up with a subdomain.weebly.com

I also have a Square account and recent discovered that I could set up a Square online stores, so I started the process via a link in my Square dashboard. Now I have two sites showing in my Weebly dashboard. And I do notice that, in my Square created site, under Store Settings, Setup, there is Square Sync link, but in my Weebly setup sutez that option is not there (which I understand why that is the case).

My issue, though, is that I want to use the subdomain from my Weebly site (xyz.weebly.com) with my Square setup site (xyz.square.ste) but it is telling me is unavailable (presumably because I have used it in my Weebly site). 

How can I move it over to my Square setup site? Rename it in my Weebly site? Delete my Weebly site altogether?

Message 2 of 91
Square

Hi @group7access There wouldn't be a way to assign a Weebly subdomain to a Square site. Any subdomain you use with a Weebly editor will be subdomain.weebly.com and any subdomain used with a Square editor will be subdomain. square.site. Very sorry for any inconvenience. 

Message 2 of 91

Your square store doesnt support app integration. So things like intergartion to our shipping software doesnt work with the square online store.

Message 2 of 91

I learned that each new item I added automatically was "invisible" or "hidden" as a default when it was created. I have had to go into the square dashboard to edit my online inventory and changed the items to "visible." 

If anyone happens to know of a way to turn this defaul off, please share! I really wish it didn't do this. I am literally creating an item, and then having to click on each item individually to edit. Ugh.

I'm going to do an experiment with exporting my library, making changes there and then importing - I declare it will work. If it does, I will share. 

Best of luck to all you folks!

Message 2 of 91
Square

There's an option in Store > Setup > Square Sync > Settings that you can disable, @shopwithHarmony; the option is enabled by default and it will make all newly synced items unavailable in the online store.

Message 2 of 91

I have it on good authority that Square (the new owner of weebly) will be shutting down weebly completely and using some components of weebly's sitebuilder to do their own thing. Remember that the weebly editor hasn't undergone ANY development or improvement over the last 4 years. Nobody at the company cares anymore. In the world of SASS offerings that's a dinosaur's age of no improvements. And it shows as weebly, once a compitant and cutting edge editor, is now way behind dozens of cheaper and better supported options. Especially when it comes to e-commerce. Square integreates far better with tons a weebly competitors which is embarrassing considering they own weebly.

Don't expect the builder to improve anytime soon. I'd consider moving your content to a different platform.

Message 2 of 91
Square

I'm not sure where you heard that, @Zed, but I can tell you as an employee of Weebly before the acquisition and as a current employee of Square that there are no plans right now to shut down or remove the editor. Not only that, we also have the newer editor which is used not only for Weebly sites but also for Square's new Square Online Store. 

Message 2 of 91

I am also having this problem. What gives Square/Weebly?

Message 2 of 91