x

How long does it take before my site is live

Honestly i can take up to a long time it depands on if you are still working on your website. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square

Hey @JBL!

When you publish your site it goes live instantly. Are you using a custom domain? New domain registrations and DNS changes (like you'd do if you pointed a domain to Weebly) can sometimes take a little while to fully propagate.

Message 2 of 24

I do NOT want my site published before it's done.  How can I prevent that?!  Frustrating.

Message 3 of 24
Square

If you don't want your changes live, simply don't publish your site again until you're totally ready.

Message 4 of 24

I just "published" my first website, using the weebly.com extension (free).  When I google search for it on the web, it is not found.  Why?

Message 5 of 24
Square

It can take a little while for Google to find and crawl your site, and even longer for it to come up based on certain keywords. For more info about SEO, I'd recommend taking a look at our SEO guide:

http://www.weebly.com/seo

Message 6 of 24

i have been waiting 3 hours for my page to publish its just circling and circling,,how long til done?? i made surei exited out of everything else. this is crazy

Message 7 of 24
Square

It should never take that long to publish, @saraballin. Try exiting the editor, clearing your cache, then publishing again.

Message 8 of 24

I am using my own domain (transfer) for my website.  I built the website on weebly and published the build.  How long does it take to publish?  Also, what if I want to make adjustments to it?  how do I go about doing that?

Thank you

Message 9 of 24
Square

Publishing is instant, although it looks like your domain isn't pointed to us right now. If you point your domain to us like shown in our guide it should load your site:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201372693-How-to-Use-a-Domain-You-Purchased-Elsewhere

Message 10 of 24

My site hasn't published yet either. It goes up instantly?

Message 11 of 24

It is strange.

Message 12 of 24
Square

Hi

What is the domain name?

Message 13 of 24

hi 

I recently purchased a domain from godaddy to use on weebly. when i make the changes it says it went through but when i publish it it still says my website name .weebly.com. is there a way to fix it or does it just take a little while to load the new doamin? if so how long does it take for the custom domain to uplaod?

p.s. i purchased a 5 dollar plan for one month. does that have something to do with it?

Message 18 of 24
Square

Hi @MellozEDM9 You need the plan to publish the site to a personalized domain name. There's two steps in order to connect the domain. You need to update the domain on Go Daddy's end to point to our IP address and you also need to assign the domain from the Weebly editor. Click on Settings, then Site Address. You should be able to choose an option to connect a domain you already own. What is the name of the domain? I can check your settings for you. Thanks! 

Message 18 of 24

hi bernadette i am actually having the same issue as @MellozEDM9 but i did change the ip address through Godaddy.com just this very moment. But i go to settings and i dont even have the option of "Site address change" i dont see it at the top or anywhere. What would your input be? 

Message 18 of 24
Square

From your designer dashboard, go to Websites and click on the site, then click on the "..." button, @Noname241. You should see an option there to set the site address.

Message 18 of 24

Hi Adam,

Can you confirm if my domain is pointing to Weebly?

Message 20 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @lifestylecredit.

Thanks for reaching out. Can I please get your URL website? I'd be happy to help. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 20 of 24

Hello, I purchased a domain and a yearly subscription through weebly.com, set up my website and published it 16 hours ago. Will it populate to the internet eventually or is there another step I need to take?

Message 22 of 24
Square

Hi @mccartneyfan 👋

It looks like you purchased the yearly Pro plan, but have not registered the domain yet. The plan includes a 1 year domain registration which will automatically apply to the cart at checkout. 

Please click Website > Domains > Connect a domain. Search for the domain you wish to use, then follow the prompts to complete the registration. 

Once the domain is registered, it can take up to 24-48 hours to fully setup on the backend. It is usually a much faster process, though, so your site could be ready to go immediately, or within a few hours. 

Please let us know if you have any questions about this. 

Message 22 of 24