x

I am one of the administrators of my website but not able to upgrade the site?

I am one of the administrators of my website but not able to upgrade the site.

When I clicked the upgrade button, the information window popped up and told me to contact my site administrator to access this feature. Any solution for this situation?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square

Site administrators are not able to upgrade sites, so the site owner will need to do it.  The owner should be whoever it was that invited you to edit the site.

Message 2 of 15

Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible to find out the contact information of the website owner?

Message 3 of 15
Square

Yes - if you temporarily switch your dashboard back to the old one, the email address of the owner will be displayed next to the site.  Click on your name on the top right, then choose "Account".  Click the link on the lower left to go back to the old design.  Once you've gotten the email address you can switch back to the new Dashboard with the link at the top.

Message 4 of 15

I am unable to identify the site owner. The procedure given here does not seem to work. The only URL in the lower left of my account settings is a Weebly icon with this link: https://secure.weebly.com/. Above that is a button to "Permanently delete your weeble account".

I have also logged in with the account I remember using to create the site only to find it no longer had access.

Message 5 of 15
Square

It looks like that information is only displayed on the old dashboard.  Can you submit a ticket to our support team, @Servetus? They can lookup the information for you.

Message 6 of 15

I am not being able to switch to the old website to see the account owner. i reach my account but i cant see the link on the let corner to switch it

Message 11 of 15
Square

Hi @AnnDora What is the name of the site you are trying to edit? 

Message 11 of 15

I am having the same issue. Any updates on this? 

Message 11 of 15
Square

Hi @hbrungar The purchase will need to be made from the main account. What site are you referring to? 

Message 11 of 15

Is there anyway to change the site ownership over to one of the current admin editors?

Message 11 of 15
Square

@MrsGale wrote:

Is there anyway to change the site ownership over to one of the current admin editors?

Is the site the only one in your account? We can't transfer sites between accounts, though we can move a single site into a brand new Weebly account.

If you'd like us to do that let our support team know and they can help:

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 12 of 15

how would this work would i need a new account

Message 13 of 15
Square

If you're logging in with an account that is not the owner of the site, you'll need to either log into the account that is the owner or ask the person who has that account to upgrade the site, @Cads181.

Message 14 of 15

I am trying to find the owner of 

https://playgimkit.weebly.com/

I am an admin, but cannot find the owner

Message 16 of 15